Internal Medicine Jobs in Texas
Thursday · July 19, 2018
1 Job in The Lone Star State
Photo: Approaching downtown Dallas on the expressway.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Waco) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Work effectively with Healogics colleagues and partner hospitals.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- In cooperation with Healogics.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- In cooperation with hospital administration and company policies, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital's Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
- Serve as an educational resource for the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- And encourage patient referrals from the local medical community.
- And support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Complete all documentation and coding on the date of service, complying with all governmental and private payor regulations.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
- Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Communicate with new patient referring physicians via phone calls and written communication of treatment plan and progress.
- Must be licensed or willing to become licensed in the state for which you are applying.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
- This includes collaboration with Healogics.
- And Hospital in drafting and implementing an annual business plan.
- MD or DO.
- To enhance visibility of the WCC.
- And Hospital, enhance the marketability of the wound care program through community education.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics.
- Medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.
- Support the program's requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records.
- Participate and lead the program's medical surveillance review and performance improvement process.
- Adapt to corporate and industry changes as necessary.
- Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance is already approved for the right provider.
- Conduct and lead the program's weekly Leadership Meeting.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
- Adhere to appropriate billing and coding practices.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as required by the Regional Medical Director, Area Vice President and corporate officers.
- VP of Quality if modifications to the QSP are needed to ensure compliance with local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Provide a high level of quality clinical care to patients.
- Act as an advocate for the WCC.
- Act with integrity as related to the corporate code of ethics in all actions representing the company.
- Participate in hospital administrative meetings as necessary, including the Annual Business Review.
- The position is best suited to a physician executive with a strong desire to focus their practice in wound care with the ability to not only provide clinical care to patients, but to serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center.
- Support the joint effort of Healogics.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Wound Care & Hbot training is provided.
- Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
- Support implementation of the Healogics.
- Supervise clinical services provided by all program staff and provide in-service education programs as necessary.
- Facilitate adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing clinical education programs, including competency evaluations.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Waco, TX.
- Check email correspondence daily and respond.
- Understand the Clinical Practice Guidelines and adherence to standard of care.
- Must be BC/BE.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago