Internal Medicine Jobs in Texas
Tuesday · October 17, 2017
1 Job in The Lone Star State
Photo: Approaching downtown Dallas on the expressway.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Nocturnist / Internal Medicine Physician San Antonio Military Medical Center (Sammc).
- Must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Acls) by way of an American Heart Association approved training program.
- We are currently searching for Nocturnist to support the Department of Medicine at San Antonio Military Medical Center (Sammc) San Antonio Texas.
- Position requires access to Department of Defense computer systems, therefore contractor shall be a United States Citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of Army Regulation 25-2.
- The Physician must meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a Nocturnist in accordance with requirements of the contract.
- The Nocturnist will support all hospital location to include the inpatient wards, emergency department or outpatient clinics.
- Any change to the DEA requirements to obtain a valid DEA registration number is applicable when the incumbent's existing DEA registration expires.
- The physician must meet all the required credentials and stipulations of practice as described in the hospital Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Shall maintain proficiency in all applicable hospital systems including Impax, Chcs, Essentris, Ahlta, speech recognition, windows operating systems and other common office applications and systems that may be added to the Nocturnist role in order to function effectively and remain current.
- Must be a graduate of an Internal Medicine program accredited by the Acgme and have a minimum of two years of recent experience in inpatient consult medicine or inpatient ward attending, or at least 6 months of general internal medicine outpatient experience in the past 12 months, or a combination of inpatient and outpatient experience for at least 4 months in the last 12 months.
- Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services.
- Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine from one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, or United States Virgin Islands and shall be able to obtain clinical privileges to practice medicine with the applicable MTF credentials committee.
- Shall possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Shall have the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Osha) required training for the position in which he or she will perform, and that training currency is maintained.
- Documentation of such training shall be provided to the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in San Antonio, TX.
- The government will not reimburse for these costs.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Prosperitus Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a commitment to diversity.
- Shall be required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- The contract HCP shall consult the Chief of the Department of Medicine, or designee, when issues cannot be resolved.
- Prosperitus Solutions is an emerging leader in the Government/Commercial Services industry with extensive experience in providing Logistics, Information Technology, Financial Management, Program Management and Healthcare Services commercially and to the Federal Government.
- Candidates must be a physician Doctor of Medicine or a Doctor of Osteopathy who is board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- We are located in San Antonio Texas.
- All certifications shall be maintained in a current status at all times while performing services under this contract at the contractor's expense.
- The contractor shall be able to perform all duties with minimal clinical supervisor or guidance.
This perm job opening was posted
10 days ago