Internal Medicine Jobs in Texas
Saturday · August 19, 2017
1 Job in The Lone Star State
Photo: Approaching downtown Dallas on the expressway.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Provide direct clinical care to patients living with HIV/Aids.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Demonstrate a special interest in the area of community medicine.
- X-rays, lab tests, ECG).
- Must be in possession of a valid license to practice in the State of Texas.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Orders diagnostic studies (e.
- Initiates and expedites requests for consultations and schedules special tests and studies.
- Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification and Skills/Abilities Related.
- Draws blood specimens for testing and performing other comparable lab procedures.
- Duties and.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
- Perform quality management/assurance activities.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Provides ongoing outpatient care for assigned patients.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients of all ages.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Prepare government or organizational reports which include birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Performs initial history and physical examinations for outpatients.
- Screens outpatients to determine need for further care.
- Provides education and counseling of patients and families in preventive care, medical conditions, and the use of prescribed treatments and drugs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services commensurate with his/her training.
- Prescribes medications within defined scope of practice.
- Supervision of NP and PA's, as needed and other duties as assigned by the CMO.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- HIV/Aids patient care experience.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with Joint Commission and funding source standards.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Houston, TX.
- Delivers care appropriate for an outpatient, primary care Fqhc with a multicultural, multilingual patient population.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Operate on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago